Welcome to Chicagoland!
Travel by Car
Our convention headquarters hotel is Georgios Quality Inn at 8800 West 159th Street, Orland Park, IL 60642. They have ample parking for hotel guests and convention attendees on Saturday and Sunday morning.
- Using Google Maps, you can get driving directions from your home address to Georgios.
Travel by Air
Chicago has two major airports.
Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) is much closer to Georgios Quality Inn in Orland Park, IL.
- information about Midway Airport
- Getting to Georgios from Midway by car is a 16-mile drive (~37 minute). Car rental is available at the airport, and ride-share services (see below) can pick up passengers at the curb.
- Getting to Georgios from Midway by bus is ~70 minute ride. Go to the Midway CTA Station at the airport, pick up the 386 "S. Harlem" PACE bus to Harlem/159th Street, then transfer to the 364 PACE bus to 159th St/88th Ave.
O'Hare International Airport (ORD) is a bit farther from Georgios Quality Inn in Orland Park, IL.
- information about O'Hare Airport
- Getting to Georgios from O'Hare by car is a 34-mile drive (~50-60 minutes, depending on traffic). Car rental is available at the airport, and ride-share services (see below) can pick up passengers at the curb.
- Getting to Georgios from O'Hare by bus or train would take over 2 hours.
Travel by Train
If coming from suburban Chicago and using the Metra train system, the closest station to Georgios is the Oak Forest Station on the Rock Island train line. The hotel is a 6.3 miles west, so ~16-minute drive with a ride-share service (see below).
If coming from out-of-town and using Amtrak, the closest station is the Homewood Station (HMW). Our hotel is 14 miles away, so ~14-minute drive with a ride-share service (see below). If coming into Union Station in downtown Chicago, the drive to our hotel is 29 miles (~1 hour, depending on traffic).
Ridesharing serices such as Uber and Lyft have cars available to pick you up at either airport, any train station, or almost any location in the Chicago region and take you safely and comfortably to and from the convention hotel. This is one of the easiest ways to get around the city. For either service, sign up for an account on their website, load the app onto your smartphone, and then just enter your pick-up address and destination address. A ride to the hotel from Midway Airport might cost ~$35, and from O'Hare Airport might cost ~$50.
Although we cannot handle making arrangements for people attending the convention to carpool, we can help get you in touch with each other to make your own arrangements. Look for information about a carpooling survey after you register for the convention.
Not planning to stay at the Georgios Quality Inn, our convention hotel? Some nearby hotel options include:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Orland Park (1.5 miles away)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park, IL (4.9 miles away)
several hotel choices in Tinley Park, near Harlem Ave. and I-80, which is near the Midwest Oz Festival site.
Try AirBnB to rent an affordable room in a nearby home.